Natural Ways to Improve Circulation
Signs of Poor Circulation
Some symptoms of poor circulation are easy to spot as long as you know what to look for. Common symptoms of poor circulation include:
- Red, purple, blue, or white toes
- Unexplained hair loss on legs and feet
- Hands and feet often excessively cool
- Feet fall asleep easily2
As always, it’s important to consult your healthcare provider if you’re experiencing symptoms of poor circulation.
By clicking any of the links below you will be taken to an external website that is independently operated and not managed by GSK. GSK assumes no responsibility for the content on the website. If you do not wish to leave this website, do not click on the links below.
1. The Circulatory System. https://www.circulationfoundation.org.uk/circulatory-system.
2. Improve Blood Circulation. https://www.cookcountyil.gov/sites/default/files/improving_blood_circulation.pdf.
3. Exercise and Cardiovascular Health. https://www.ahajournals.org/doi/full/10.1161/01.CIR.0000048890.59383.8D.
4. Leg stretching may improve blood flow and prevent strokes. https://www.health.harvard.edu/staying-healthy/leg-stretching-may-improve-blood-flow-and-prevent-strokes.
5. Massage therapy improves circulation, eases muscle soreness. https://www.eurekalert.org/pub_releases/2014-04/uoia-mti041714.php.
6. The Role of Potassium and Sodium in Your Diet. https://www.cdc.gov/salt/potassium.htm.
7. Heart Disease and Mental Health Disorders. https://www.cdc.gov/heartdisease/mentalhealth.htm.
8. Role of Dietary Antioxidants in the Preservation of Vascular Function and the Modulation of Health and Disease. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5671956/.
9. Smoking and Cardiovascular Disease. https://www.cdc.gov/tobacco/data_statistics/sgr/50th-anniversary/pdfs/fs_smoking_CVD_508.pdf.
10. Is drinking alcohol part of a healthy lifestyle? https://www.heart.org/en/healthy-living/healthy-eating/eat-smart/nutrition-basics/alcohol-and-heart-health.
11. Healthy sleep habits help lower risk of heart failure. https://newsroom.heart.org/news/healthy-sleep-habits-help-lower-risk-of-heart-failure.
12. Gum disease and the connection to heart disease. https://www.health.harvard.edu/diseases-and-conditions/gum-disease-and-the-connection-to-heart-disease.
13. The link between gum disease and heart disease. https://www.pennmedicine.org/updates/blogs/heart-and-vascular-blog/2019/march/gum-disease-and-heart-disease.