Debunking Vitamin Myths
Debunking Vitamin Myths: Can Vitamin C Support Immune Health?
Vitamin C has been shown to support immune health, however most scientists agree that Vitamin C is not an effective singular treatment for any illness. Vitamin C can supplement a healthy immune system.1
The Truth About Vitamins: Setting the Record Straight
There are many resources that provide information about the health benefits that vitamins offer. Vitamins do play an important role in maintaining your health, but keep these few things in mind:3
- Vitamins are not drugs or miracle cures.
- Eating plenty of fruits, vegetables, and whole grains will help give your body the vitamins it needs.
- Vitamin supplements cannot replace a healthy diet but they do help if your diet is sometimes inadequate.
- Those in certain circumstances, such as women who are pregnant or breastfeeding, those with certain health conditions, and some of the elderly may find vitamin supplements helpful. You should always consult with your health care provider before starting to take new supplements.
Whether you’re curious about the truth around Vitamin C or Vitamin D, it’s important to do the research around the supplements you are putting into your body, and speak with your health care provider before trying any supplements that may be right for you.
By clicking any of the links below you will be taken to an external website that is independently operated and not managed by GSK. GSK assumes no responsibility for the content on the website. If you do not wish to leave this website, do not click on the links below.
1. Mythbusters: Does Vitamin C Really Help?. https://www.yalescientific.org/2015/03/mythbusters-does-vitamin-c-really-help/.
2. Vitamin D Myths ‘D’-bunked. https://www.yalemedicine.org/stories/vitamin-d-myths-debunked/.
3. Vitamins – common misconceptions. https://www.betterhealth.vic.gov.au/health/healthyliving/vitamins-common-misconceptions/.