Sweet Potatoes with Stuffed BBQ
Try these tasty stuffed taters that are melt-in-your-mouth good.
- 2 medium sweet potatoes, halved
- 1 lb. boneless skinless chicken breasts, cooked and shredded
- 1/3 cup BBQ sauce (less/more, to your taste)
- First, preheat the oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Grab a few sweet potatoes and cut through them, down the middle. Next, place the potatoes on a baking sheet, cut side up.
- Place the potatoes in the oven for around 30 minutes and let them roast until tender. The roasting time will vary depending on the size of the sweet potatoes.
- Cook and shred the boneless skinless chicken breasts. Combine the shredded chicken with BBQ sauce in a saucepan over medium to medium-low heat. Cook for 5 – 10 minutes, or until the mixture is warmed through.
- After the potatoes have fully roasted, pull them out of the oven. Let them cool for a few minutes before adding in the BBQ mixture. Top the sweet potatoes with as much of the mixture as you prefer and garnish with your favorite leafy greens.
Whenever lunch hour approaches, you now have a list of healthy homemade lunch ideas for adults to inspire you. Don’t skip out on lunch because you don’t want to waste too much of your work day when you can create simple and healthy meals in no time. Now, get in the kitchen and try out one of our health homemade lunch ideas for adults! For additional resources, check out the Learning Center for articles on nutrition, diet, and more.