Sweet Potatoes with Stuffed BBQ
Try these tasty stuffed sweet potatoes that are melt-in-your-mouth good.
- 2 medium sweet potatoes, halved
- 1 lb. boneless skinless chicken breasts, cooked and shredded
- 1/3 cup BBQ sauce (less/more, to your taste)
- Handful of baby greens (like baby spinach or arugula)
- First, preheat the oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Grab the sweet potatoes and cut through them lengthwise down the middle.
- Place the potatoes on a baking sheet, cut side up.
- Put the potatoes in the oven and let them roast until tender (around 30 minutes). The roasting time will vary depending on the size of your sweet potatoes.
- Combine the shredded chicken with BBQ sauce in a saucepan over medium to medium-low heat. Cook for 5 – 10 minutes, or until the mixture is warmed through.
- After the potatoes have fully roasted, pull them out of the oven. Let them cool for a few minutes.
- Spoon the chicken mixture over the top of the sweet potatoes, distributing it evenly on each of the halves. Garnish with your favorite leafy greens and enjoy!
Now when lunch hour approaches, don’t skip it because you don’t want to waste too much of your work day. Let this list of healthy homemade lunch ideas for adults inspire you to create simple and healthy meals in no time! For additional resources, check out the Expert Corner for articles on nutrition, diet, and more.