Try this popular coffee tool with a simple, convenient design.
What you need:
- Coffee grounds (7-8 grams, or 1/2Tbsp., of coffee to for every 200 ml, or 6.7 oz, of water)
- French press
- Spoon or stirring device
- Bring water to a boil in a kettle.
- Grind whole beans to a consistency similar to breadcrumbs (coarser than you would for pour over). Add the grounds to the bottom of the French press.
- Once your water is between 195°F and 205°F (or 45 seconds after removing boiling water from heat), pour it over the grounds in the French press.
- Stir the water into the grounds until well mixed. Let the coffee brew for about 4 minutes.
- Slowly plunge the press to separate the grounds from the coffee. Serve and enjoy.
Once you really get into coffee making, there’s a lot to explore and learn. From picking the right roast to finding the right brewing equipment, there are plenty of ways to enhance your daily cup of coffee. We hope we have given you some ideas on how to make coffee at home and inspired you to upgrade your morning Joe! For additional resources, check out the Expert Corner for articles on nutrition, wellness, and more.