Breastfeeding Tips: Preparing for Breastfeeding
Pregnancy isn’t the only time your body provides for your baby. After giving birth to your newborn, it’s time to decide what methods you will try for feeding your child. If you decide to breastfeed, it’s important to make sure that you are taking all the right steps to prepare for this next stage of motherhood. Breastfeeding is a choice that greatly benefits both you and your baby, but it also requires a lot of planning and self-care. Learn what goes into breastfeeding and how to take care of yourself during this process.
- Breastfeeding Tips for Beginners. Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia. https://www.chop.edu/pages/breastfeeding-tips-beginners Accessed 3/24/2023.
- Breastfeeding: Hints to Help You Get Off to a Good Start. https://familydoctor.org/breastfeeding-hints-to-help-you-get-off-to-a-good-start/ Accessed 3/24/2023.
- Educating Breastfeeding Mothers on Proper Diet and Fluid Intake. University Hospitals. https://www.uhhospitals.org/services/obgyn-womens-health/patient-resources/pregnancy-resources/Breastfeeding-Guide/breastfeeding-diet-and-fluid-intake Accessed 3/24/2023.
- Physical Activities Guideline for Americans. US Department of Health. https://health.gov/sites/default/files/2019-09/Physical_Activity_Guidelines_2nd_edition.pdf Accessed 3/24/2023.
- Breastfeeding and Exercise. The Breastfeeding Network. https://www.breastfeedingnetwork.org.uk/breastfeeding-and-exercise/ Accessed 3/24/2023.